Twitter is pushing video content on the platform with over 50 premium video content collaborations announced today. The partnerships were unveiled at the TwitterFronts event at the All That Matters conference in Singapore.
FMA Indonesia, Fox Sports Asia, NBC Universal, Network 18, NET TV, Red Chillies Entertainment, Sony Music, Stadium Astro Malaysia, and Vice Media are among the partners that Twitter will collaborate with to bring new content to audiences in Asia Pacific and opportunities for APAC advertisers.
The announcement expands the premium video content available on Twitter to advertisers in Asia Pacific and builds on extensions of existing global and regional content deals.
Present during the announcement were Twitter executives Kay Madati, global vice president of content partnerships, and Maya Hari, vice president of Asia Pacific. They were joined by guest speakers NBCUniversal MD Christine Fellowes, Network18 COO Avinash Kaul, FMA Indonesia CCO Shanna Murady, Astro Malaysia VP of sport content CK Lee, VP Of Sports Content, Red Chillies Entertainment head of marketing Binda Dey, Sony Music’s senior manager for digital marketing and visual content Talina Cruz, and Vice head of sales Serene Lee.
Madati said: “Content is happening now at Twitter and we have proven through the efficacy of the partnerships we have crafted that content programming and distribution on Twitter are an essential part of any media company’s audience engagement and content monetisation strategies.
“Asia Pacific is accelerating growth for Twitter. Our unique and strategic value proposition that positions Twitter as a complement, not competitor, to traditional media companies has delivered great success and we seek to drive forward with more live stream and premium video content partnerships in the region.”
Hari said: “Video continues to be an important way to stay informed and engaged on Twitter, especially for the younger millennial audience in Asia Pacific.
“Building on the success of our premium video content launch at All That Matters last year, we are proud to expand our live stream and video highlights programming that is brand safe and will appeal to the audience and advertisers in APAC. The move strengthens Twitter’s presence and partnerships in the region, sharing with the world what’s happening right now in Asia Pacific and for global audiences to talk about it.”
New live stream and video highlights content partnerships
• Sony Music: Twitter is giving brands custom content opportunities with artists signed to the label, behind the scenes clips and action that’s on Twitter first. This will kick off with Guy Sebastian.
•Red Chillies Entertainment: A long-term partner of Twitter in India, actor Shah Rukh Khan’s production house Red Chillies Entertainment will be launching video content from upcoming Hindi movie, Zero, on Twitter. Along with this, RCE will be producing an exclusive live show streaming only on Twitter featuring Khan himself.
• NBC Universal: The partnership with Twitter will bring E!’s signature Live from the Red Carpet events as well as popular TV programming from @eonlineasia, @eonlineau and @DivaTVAsia to the platform and available for brand sponsorships.
• UEFA Champions League on FMA Indonesia: Fans of Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi, and Salah will have access to near-live highlights throughout the competition on Twitter, until the very last game on June 1, 2019 in Madrid.
• Formula One on Fox Sports Asia: The network will showcase F1 action to fans on Twitter in real time via the handle @FSAsiaLive.
• English Premier League on Stadium Astro Malaysia: The stadium is the home of the EPL in Malaysia. This partnership will deliver video coverage of the latest news and highlights from EPL.
• NET TV: NET is a major television station network in Indonesia that produces TV programs priarily aimed for family and young viewers. With its renewed partnership with Twitter, the company will be bringing its top-rated TV programs to the platform, making it available for brand sponsorships. The content on Twitter includes popular TV talk shows such as Ini Talkshow, Tonight Show, Sarah Sechan, as well as its entertainment, sitcom and reality shows such as The Comment, Waktu Indonesia Bercanda, Breakout, The East and 86.
• Network18: This is one of the largest media conglomerates in India, featuring channels CNNNews18, CNBC-TV18 News, News18 Regional channels (formerly ETV), Money Control, First Post, History TV18 and more. The partnership with Twitter includes three-tiered sponsorships for video clips around major tent pole events: Budget Day programming with market leaders CNBC-TV18 News, election news with CNNNews18, and premium video highlight clips from factual entertainment channel History TV18.
• Vice: This partnership with the youth media company will deliver premium content to young audiences consuming news and culture.
New and renewed video content partnerships in Australia
• Fox Sports: Highlights from AFL/NRL finals and ongoing content partnership across A-League, cricket and surfing.
• NRL: Fans can catch weekly recaps, match previews, live content and insights from NRL talent, only on Twitter.
• Seven West Media: The business has renewed its partnership with Twitter, which will see it bring more content packages to the table in 2019.
• SBS: In 2019, the public broadcaster will bring video content about Mardi Gras, Eurovision and major sporting events.
Domain: The digital property portal’s established editorial arm will showcase video highlights of every property need – buying, selling or renovating.