Turner has partnered with Australian digital production and talent studio Marquee Studios to host original content on YouTube and other online platforms.
Under the umbrella of Mega Awesome Wow, the partnership sees the launch of a digital studio and a network that will create a range of original content, initially across six new YouTube channels.
The content is designed to appeal to families with preschoolers and kids – and by extension advertisers and clients looking to achieve results for these key demographics in a brand-safe environment.
“Mega Awesome Wow is a new and unique way for Turner to bring content to kids on the platforms they love,” said Robi Stanton, general manager of Turner Australia, New Zealand and Pacific Territories. “We are so excited to partner with Marquee Studios to offer fun and entertainment on these expertly curated channels.”
The initial set of channels are:
• Tiny Toy Box: a channel that teaches basic education using entertaining songs and imaginative storytelling. Taking inspiration from popular kids edutainment shows, its lead character Frankie teaches kids basic words and numbers, as well as life lessons (such as not littering at the beach) through the power of song. The channel is fronted by Miranda Macpherson. thetinytoybox.com
• Get Rekt: an aspirational lifestyle channel targeting boys 6-12 that features a club of vloggers encouraging you to experience fun activities, pranks, learn about cool new toy releases and upcoming movies. Anyone can join Get Rekt, as long as you don’t take things too seriously and aren’t afraid to get messy!! The channel is hosted by tweens Frano and Jay Jaws. getrektTV.com
• Unicorn Squad: an inspirational lifestyle channel targeting girls 5-12. The online vlogging channel will focus on inspiring young girls to try new things through cool challenges, unboxings, makeup challenges, and toy hauls! The squad spreads positivity and is all about being true to yourself. The Unicorn Squad is fronted by BB and Chelsea – with more members in the next few months! weareunicornsquad.com
• Planet Insano: an ‘insane’ channel targeting 7-12s which will blow kids’ minds! The hosts and YouTube collaborators will take part in all of those dares, challenges and adventures that kids want to try but are too afraid to! planetinsano.com
• 1UP: a gaming channel targeting 6-12s. It will focus on the family-friendly end of the gaming genre and will be full of collaborations with established gaming influencers.
• Fun Toy Learning: a channel that teaches toddlers about colours, numbers, shapes and the alphabet through the power of toys. youtube.com/funtoylearning