The Bachelorette Australia launched well for TEN on Wednesday night with 875,000 tuning in for single blokes strategising the best way to play the game. The show won its timeslot in Sydney (288,000) and Melbourne (301,000) and was #1 show for the night 25-54. It was a bigger launch audience than The Bachelor’s (846,000). Not surprisingly the launch was also huge on social media with 70% share of Twitter TV impressions and a 60% share of the Twitter TV audience.
Australia’s first bachelorette Sam Frost was also a guest on The Project with 685,000 watching after 7pm.
Family Feud did 568,000 which was a bigger audience, just, than The Chase and Hot Seat.
TEN’s stat sheet about The Bachelorette Australia – Launch episode
• 1.09 million capital city and regional viewers. Peaked at 1.41 million.
• 875,000 capital city viewers. Peaked at 1.07 million.
• #1 program of the night in 25 to 54s and under 55s, #8 in total people. 16% more
viewers than Nine’s The Block.
• Bigger audience than for launch episode of 2015 The Bachelor Australia.
• #1 in its timeslot across the capital cities in 25 to 54s and under 55s.
• #1 in its timeslot in Sydney and Melbourne in total people.
• Lifts TEN’s 7.30pm to 9.20pm timeslot audience by 61% in under 55s, 55% in 25 to
54s and 50% in total people compared with the same night last year.
• #1 program on Twitter last night, with a 70% share of Twitter TV impressions (3.3
million) and a 60% share of the Twitter TV audience. Highest number of Twitter TV impressions for a reality series launch since Nielsen Twitter TV Ratings began in October 2014.
• #BacheloretteAU trended at #1 on Twitter nationally last night, #1 in every Australian capital city and #2 worldwide. Sasha trended at #6 nationally, Davey at #7, David at #8, Richie at #9.