TEN newsroom shakeup sees newsreaders back on the road

Ten says a standard format across the five 5pm News bulletins is a logical move

Network Ten has revealed that from Monday February 13, TEN Eyewitness News First At Five will be presented by single newsreaders – Sandra Sully (pictured) in Sydney, Stephen Quartermain in Melbourne, Georgina Lewis in Brisbane, Narelda Jacobs in Perth and Rebecca Morse in Adelaide.

Network Ten executive director News, John Choueifate, said the creation of a standard format across the five 5pm News bulletins was a logical move that would be welcomed by viewers.

TEN Eyewitness News First At Five is regarded by viewers as a trusted, quality source of the latest news, plus sport and weather,” he said.

“Our viewers know that we always bring them the stories that are most important to them. We have had single presenters of our 5pm News in Adelaide and Perth for years. It makes sense to move to that model in the other cities and, at the same time, strengthen our reporting teams.”

Last year TEN Eyewitness News First At Five ranked #1 in its timeslot across the five capital cities in TEN’s core target audience of people aged 25 to 54. It also ranked #1 in Perth and Adelaide in total people.

As part of the introduction of single presenters in each market, Hugh Riminton, Candice Wyatt and Lachlan Kennedy will take on new roles as senior reporters in TEN’s Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane News departments respectively.

Hugh Riminton will specialise in political and foreign coverage, plus special investigations.

Choueifate said: “Hugh, Candice and Lachlan are quality journalists who add years of experience to our reporting lineup. I’m thrilled to have them back on the road.”

The TEN Eyewitness News Weekend News bulletin will continue to be presented by Natarsha Belling.

There will be no change to the TEN Eyewitness News First At Five sport and weather presenters in each capital city.

Subscribe to the Mediaweek Morning Report with the form below.




Recent News

To Top