At the end of every week the Mediaweek editorial team assembles to discuss the top-of-mind media news of the week for the Seven Days podcast. In this week’s podcast Mediaweek deputy editor Dan Barrett and digital editor Kruti Joshi talk about:
• Nine signs over a million 9now users
• Lenore Taylor becomes Guardian Australia’s third editor in three years
• iHeartRadio Australia partners with Optus for live events
• Australian Story marks 20 years on air
• Changes to Twitter’s 140 characters
• The Weekend Australian Magazine relaunches
In the second half of the podcast, Barrett speaks to ABC TV’s Dan Ilic about new iView series Story Hunters. Ilic’s contribution to the series has the comedian hitchhiking from Tasmania to Queensland to find out what everyday Australians think about politics and the upcoming election. Ilic provides some great insight into the storytelling mechanics of the show and the technology he used as a one-man production team.