Optus and Cricket Australia have announced a three-year sponsorship agreement that includes streaming hundreds of hours of on demand unique cricket content.
From October 29, eligible Optus customers that love cricket will be treated to a free Cricket Australia Live Pass, giving them year-round access to cricket action on their mobile, tablet or laptop.
The new agreement means Optus will also have access to a comprehensive sponsorship program which includes on-ground signage at international matches, access to Australian players for promotional purposes, as well as tickets, hospitality and money-can’t-buy-experiences for customers.
With a CA Live Pass on cricket.com.au or the CA Live App, Optus customers can access the best cricket action this summer on their mobile or tablet devices, powered by Optus’ superfast 4G Plus network. Customers can also enjoy the CA Live Pass via a mobile broadband or home broadband service.
Eligible Optus customers on Optus’ latest mobile plans will also be able to stream live matches on the CA Live Pass, data free.
Cricket Australia’s online and mobile platforms will stream all this summer’s international cricket action and the entire BBL series, both on and off the pitch. The year-round pass includes access to more than 70 scheduled match days of premium cricket including:
• Commonwealth Bank Test Series featuring Australia, New Zealand and the West Indies
• Victoria Bitter One-Day International Series featuring Australia and India
• KFC T20 International Series featuring Australia and India
• KFC Big Bash League
Exclusive for Optus customers
It doesn’t end with live match coverage. Optus cricket fans will get the added benefit of exclusive online content. At cricket.com.au/Optus they will be able to get:
• Extended match highlights – covering all the big moments and events of the day and complete media conferences
• The Optus Top 6 – an irreverent series hosted by an Australian cricket legend, player interviews and insights with members of the Australian men’s and women’s cricket team
• Highlights of classic matches direct from the Cricket Australia archive.
The live streaming is only available to watch within Australia. There may be a slight delay between live broadcast and streamed content. Delays can range between 10 to 30 seconds. There could also be a number of variables that affect your streaming such as internet connection speed, congestion or the number of applications you have running.
Live streaming is available on a range of devices including Android 4.0 and up, iOS devices including iPhone and iPad, and is accessible on iOS7 and iOS8 devices. Live streaming is not available on Windows phones.