Nine Entertainment Co. has announced the signing of seven partners and sponsors for Australia’s longest-running reality program, The Block, as it returns for an eleventh series on Sunday, September 6, at 7pm on Nine.
Mitre 10, Domain, Suzuki, Aldi, Swisse, Plush Furniture and Auto Masters are ready for a blocktastic season as five new teams, from all walks of life, leave their old lives behind in their quest to build the great Australian dream.
This season The Block takes a back-to-basics approach as the new contestants, with limited renovating experience, set out to transform an octagonal-shaped former hotel into a luxurious, state-of-the-art apartment complex.
Peter Wiltshire, group sales and marketing director, NEC, said: “The Block delivers one of the most connected multiplatform sponsorship opportunities for brands. Last season, 1.4 million viewers tuned in to each episode, with the Winner Announced episode attracting 2.9 million viewers.
“In addition, 9Jumpin delivered over 50 million page views and 3.5 million streams across the series. Audiences of that size, scale and demographic richness are invaluable to advertisers and hard to replicate.”
Key Partnership Arrangements
• Aldi will be fuelling the Blockheads with their range of high-quality grocery products and Special Buys as well as giving away $30,000 to a lucky fan in a Viewer’s Choice competition.
• Partnering with The Block for a mammoth eighth season, Mitre 10 continues to provide the Blockheads with a mighty helpful hand for all their building needs, and much needed renovation advice.
• The Block’s property expert, Domain, is giving away $10,000 to the winning couple of the weekly room reveals, helping to support the Blockheads’ budgets.
• Suzuki is once again helping the Blockheads navigate their way around The Block, and giving one viewer the chance to win an all-new Suzuki Vitara compact SUV by voting for who they think will be the ultimate winner.
• Swisse is again ensuring the Blockheads are at the top of their game, as well as giving one home viewer the chance to win a $50,000 home renovation with the stars of The Block.
• Plush Furniture is activating at a local level in Sydney and Melbourne, with Auto Masters a local sponsor in the West Australian market.
The Block’s responsive website, http://9Jumpin.com.au/TheBlock, is the place to catch up on all the latest episodes, updates, room tours and exclusive galleries, plus Viewer’s Choice polls.
The Block is an original format developed by Julian Cress and David Barbour and produced in conjunction with the Nine Network.
[ot-video type=”youtube” url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzq_nbPzCB4&feature=youtu.be”]
Source: Nine Entertainment Co