The Media i Awards, recognising media sales excellence, were announced last night at a sold-out awards ceremony in Sydney at The Ivy ballroom. Voted by peers, the Media i Awards acknowledge the important role media sales representatives play in the continual pursuit of media advertising excellence.
Introduced in 2011, the Media i Awards are the only awards dedicated to recognising the contribution of media owners. This year more than 2,100 media agency professionals voted across three categories:
•National Sales Team of the Year;
• Sales Team of the Year by Market (NSW, Victoria, Queensland, Western Australia & South Australia); and
• Sales Person of the Year by Category by Market (NSW, Victoria, Queensland, Western Australia & South Australia)
Charles Parry-Okeden, CEO Media i, spoke at the ceremony of the importance of collaboration between media agencies and media partners.
“These awards not only recognise the professionalism and excellence of sales individuals and teams, but the success they achieved for clients in collaboration with media agencies.
“We are extremely proud of tonight’s event. The response from our finalists has been overwhelming, reinforcing the significance of this initiative to sales teams and individuals across the country. We would like to congratulate all of tonight’s winners on their fantastic achievement,” said Chris Winterburn, managing director Media i.
Run by Media i, the awards are sponsored by the Media Federation of Australia (MFA), and supported by category sponsors: Carat, Initiative, IPG Mediabrands, OMD, PHD, Posterscope, Starcom, The Media Store, UM, Vizeum and Wavemaker.
This year saw the six team awards presented to sales teams representing five different media channels (newspapers, radio, outdoor, digital and television).
Overall the awards were hotly contested with Nine the most awarded media company on the night receiving six awards, followed by ARN and MCN with five awards apiece, News Corp Australia and Bauer both with four awards, and APN Outdoor with three awards.
Nine (Digital) was presented with the National Sales Team of the Year award by MFA CEO Sophie Madden and board member of the Media Federation of Australia and CEO of IPG Media Brands Australia Danny Bass.
2018 Individual Winners
Sales Representative of the Year Magazines
• NSW- Grace Hannigan Bauer
• VIC- Ruby Fisher Bauer
• QLD- Giulianna Stead Bauer
• SA- Candice Arthur News Corp Australia
• WA- Liz Molyneux Fairfax Media
Sales Representative of the Year Newspapers
• NSW- Simone Ludeke News Corp Australia
• VIC- Sjaan Norris Brown Orr Fletcher Burrows
• QLD- Tenielle Jordan News Corp Australia
• SA- Melanie Miller News Corp Australia
• WA- Martin Atanassov The West Australian
Sales Representative of the Year Outdoor/Cinema
• NSW- Stephanie Russell Westfield BrandSpace
• VIC- Ben Peel oOh! Media
• QLD- Renee Jonsen APN Outdoor
• SA- Maddy Shopov oOh! Media
• WA- Damien Bodestyne APN Outdoor
Sales Representative of the Year Radio
• NSW- Rebecca Corbett ARN
• VIC- Zoe Kingston ARN
• QLD- Lauren Everist ARN
• SA- Matt Russell Nova Entertainment
• WA- Aaron Bryant ARN
Sales Representative of the Year Digital
• NSW Nathan Turnbull Nine
• VIC Elizabeth Pelly Nine
• QLD Georgia Falloon MCN
• SA Imran Khalil Nine
• WA Tomas Bajrovic Nine
Sales Representative of the Year Television
• NSW- John Gregory Seven Affiliate Sales
• VIC- Stephanie Keenan Nine
• QLD- Chris Raes Seven
• SA- Adele Gibb & Linda Anastasiou MCN
• WA- Olivia Carway MCN
2018 Teams Winners List
• NSW- ARN
• VIC- realestate.com.au
• QLD- Bauer
• SA- MCN
• WA- APN Outdoor
2018 National Sales Team of the Year
National Nine (Digital)