Title: marie claire
Publisher: Pacific Magazines
Edition: September 2015
Cover lines that work: Celebrating 20 years, 340-page collector’s edition
Subscription: Birthday offer $49 (save $51)
Ad pages: 144 + 12-page CUE booklet
Editor: Jackie Frank (last as editor)
Publisher: Jackie Frank
Pages featuring Jackie Frank: 8
Part of the appeal of the collector’s edition is having the last issue lovingly curated by Jackie Frank in your hands. In her last editor’s letter, Frank writes about how she is filled with emotion reflecting on 20 years of running the Pacific Magazines’ monthly. She thanks her team at marie claire for the journey and the readers too, who she labels “an integral part of marie claire“. Frank also hands over the Nicky Briger in her letter reminding readers how she has been part of the marie claire family from the start.
There are too many birthday editions to highlights here, but the ones that caught our eye included:
• Cover stars remember their covers – and the most popular cover girls? Jennifer Aniston got 10 covers out of 240.
• A list of the campaigns marie claire has fought and how the combined might of the magazine and its readers made a difference.
• A massive 12-page photo shoot from the creative team of Hugh Stewart and Jane Roarty which celebrates great Australian designers with some famous marie claire friends modelling the gear.
• Incoming editor Nicky Briger interviews Jackie Frank about her fave moments and memories.
• Some of the world’s greatest fashion designers sent the magazine birthday wishes including Dolce & Gabbana, Vera Wang, Giorgio Armani and Ralph Lauren.
In a Mediaweek podcast recorded on the day the September issue went on sale with Jackie Frank and Nicky Briger, the marie claire publisher revealed it is one of the biggest editions ever of the Australian magazine with an ad haul estimated to be over $2m.
Digital: During the Mediaweek podcast both the outgoing editor Frank and the new editor Briger talk about how the marie claire brand runs 24/7 on multiple platforms.
Facebook: 77,000 likes. Twitter: 91,700 followers. Instagram: 72,400 followers.
The magazine’s website is part of the Yahoo7 portfolio and the site features lots of additional content about the 20th anniversary including behind-the-scenes portfolios.