The final radio survey of the year includes a few shocks and surprises for all networks.
• Macquarie Media’s 2GB ends year at #1, but KIIS narrows the gap
• Kyle & Jackie O biggest mover in breakfast market, lifting share to 12.1%
SCA’s Triple M was the biggest mover in the market with share up 0.7 to 6.2%.
smoothfm shed 0.6 to 8.6% where it ranks #3 FM behind KIIS and WSFM.
In breakfast Kyle and Jackie O posted their best breakfast share since survey 1, 2016.
The other big breakfast mover was The Grill Team with share up 0.9 to 7.9%, which is close to their best share ever.
Hughesy and Kate‘s last survey for KIIS sees them remain #1 drive show in the market, 0.5 ahead of Kate, Tim and Marty.
• Macquarie Media’s 3AW rules all of 2017, Gold down but still #1 FM
• Nova’s Chrissie, Sam and Browny finish year #1 FM with best share ever
Guess which station lifted the most – KIIS FM of course. The station, which will launch new breakfast and drive shows next month, saw station share climb 1.3 to 7.5%. That still puts it behind all its FM competitors except Triple M.
smoothfm had the biggest market drop, losing 2.3 to 7.8%, which is its lowest station share since survey seven 2016.
Nova was the biggest improver in breakfast with Chrissie, Sam and Browny adding 1.2, which lifted them from #5 FM to #1 FM in just one survey.
The biggest fall at breakfast was at smoothfm with share down 1.8 to 5.3%. That is the lowest breakfast share in over two years.
• Nova remains the untouchable, winning final seven surveys of 2017
• Ash, Kip and Luttsy still well ahead in market, six survey wins
• Mix 102.3 ends 2017 #1 and wins seven of eight Adelaide surveys
• Monster winning share for Fiveaa’s David & Will with best ever 14.9%
• Mix 94.5 wins final survey, with second-best station share of 2017
• Nova’s Nathan, Nat and Shaun win sixth consecutive survey, best year ever