The Bee Gees‘ “How Deep Is Your Love” has taken out the number one spot in the smoothfm Top 500 Countdown, which ran over five days and culminated on Australia Day.
Previous number one songs since on smoothfm Top 500 Countdown, launched in 2013, include Louis Armstrong’s “What a Wonderful World”, “I Will Always Love You” by Whitney Houston and Neil Diamond’s “Sweet Caroline”.
The legendary Bee Gees, comprising brothers Barry, Maurice and Robin Gibb, have sold more than 220 million records worldwide making them one of the best-selling groups of all time.
The top 10 songs in the 2017 smoothfm Top 500 Countdown
1. How Deep Is Your Love – Bee Gees
2. Dancing Queen – ABBA
3. Home – Michael Bublé
4. Careless Whisper – George Michael
5. Islands in the Stream – Kenny Rogers / Dolly Parton
6. I Will Always Love You – Whitney Houston
7. Kokomo – The Beach Boys
8. Hero – Enrique Iglesias
9. Sweet Caroline – Neil Diamond
10. Close Your Eyes – Michael Bublé
Barry Gibb said, “For one of our tunes to make it to number one is everything. I mean I think that people who listen to our songs are the best people in the world and this is how they show it. Thank you.”